Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sixty, Sex & Tango

Hi, Boomers,

I'm pretty excited right now. I got the edits from my publisher of my book, Sixty, Sex & Tango and I've been working all day on them. It's a rush, an exhilarating rush to clarify, review, change, read over what I have been working on for two years. And what is more terrific is that I had the foresight to ask my neighbor, Elizabeth, to come over and confer with her on the title. She is a marketing/PR person and has another set of eyes and ears.
As we changed the title, we decided to clarify the subtitle: Confessions of a Beatnik Boomer. I felt a relief and satisfaction at the very small title changes. I'm kind of wacky that way. I get excited by things others would dismiss. But a writer is a writer is a writer.
So my book will be out sooner than I expected. I'll let you know when it goes on Amazon and the rest of the book sites and on Kindle and the other e-books.
Tomorrow night is Passover. I'm going to the home of one of my great friends and yoga students. She and her husband rarely asks people other than family and their very best couple friends, and I feel fortunate to be able to join their crazy family. Funniest of all, she and her husband are putting a rare blend of pot on the table in celebration of individual freedom, the right to express oneself in all manner of smoking. Oh, and I suppose the California initiative to legalize pot that will be on the ballot in November is another reason why pot will be displayed in full view. Maybe Elijah will smoke a doobie.

Namaste
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment